Production of ESRI geodatabase to support spatial analysis in the environmental sector and to monitor the use of land in the proximity of rivers and a development of web portal / webgis for the dissemination of the information produced. The data produced / processed are:
- forest maps
- Land use map (Corine Land Cover)
- City urban plans
- Topographic Data Base standard” Intesa G.I.S.”
- cadastral maps
- database of industries
The work dealt with the construction of the layer river’s banks for photo interpretation of VHR image and LIDAR data of information listed above, georeferencing, harmonization and standardization in a geodatabase ESRI with updating of information and processing for the production of scenarios and diachronic analysis .
For discharges to the river has created an analytical model able to correlate the industrial discharge directly to the drain or in sewer system and then relating this to the drain.
Were also carried out images from a helicopter with a camera system that made it possible to perform synchronized along the streams movies, 3D images measurable and thermic images.
These images have been produced by a mathematical model and then used to:
- check / update illegal use of land in proximity of the river areas, identification of the owners of the land;
- check / update works cross or affect the river;
- checking of discharges to the river and the types of substances discharged by industries;
- checking with thermic images of plumes due to the change of water temperature to detect of illegal discharge.
The area of interest of the project involved four of the main Lombard’s rivers: Lambro, Mella, Seveso and Olona, for a total of 900 kml of waterways.
The project involve design and development of webgis products information to distribute information at different organizations: Lombardy Region, Regional company IREALP and ERSAF, Provinces of Lombardy, ATO, etc..
The system offers a wide range of web based services for consultation and analysis of information and data accessing organized in a specific server, or data provided by the geoportal of the Lombardy Region and exposed through web service.
Web templates have been produced to provide a simple and efficient access by system users and to configure and specialize the presentation of information in relation to the field of interest of the user. Available templates:
- targeted consultation of both the information and images taken from a helicopter, with specific functions of navigation and in sync between images and cartographic elements published;
- for the browsing of cadastral data, with search and navigation from different combinations of identifiers;
- for the construction and analysis of different scenarios.
A series of Python scripts for the validation of information, in terms of quality in order to have consistent data have been prepared:
- Geometry check;
- Topology check;
- Verification of alphanumeric information associated with the map features;
A specific set of scripts have been developed for the verification of cadastral data and their spatial coherence with other elements organized in the geodatabase and the construction of a correlation aimed at soil coverage data, and morphological aspects verify, buildings are verified in relation to those in the topographic data base, etc.. The creation of an unique key allow to relate the different information and update when necessary.
The geodatabase behind the project is the collection of different informations related to each other, currently the size is about 50 Gb., Covers a territory of 275 municipalities covering an area of over 3,000 square kilometers with a length of river courses more than 900 km. The set of information are harmonized at a scale of 1:10.000 and include:
- Cadastral elements (parcels, buildings) > 340.000 objects;
- Sensitive elements, inside rivers protection area > 360.000 objects;
- Thematic maps: > 1.500.000 objects;
- Transportation elements (roads, rails): > 140.000 objects.
The project involved the construction of a series of .mxd for maps dressing representing:
- Topographic Data base;
- Cadastral data;
- Development plans;
- River areas;
- Buildings and structures that fall inside river protection area;
- Pedologic map;
- Land use map;
- Cadastral maps;
- Maps of the scenarios.
Defining for each of these graphic representations and the display rules. The maps of the scenarios are composed dynamically as a function of the value assumed by some fields in their attribute tables. In this way, following a procedure of production of the scenarios, varying the parameters in attribute tables brings a different classification of the elements and consequently a change in the scenario, producing a new one. Project files (.mxd) with detailed representations were built, for municipalities use, and to summarize the representation results for all fluvial areas.
Model Builder was used in the project intensively for different types of activities:
accuracy verification of the input information:
- Completeness ofdescriptive information;
- Spatial coverageof information;
Information analysis and scenarios production:
- correlationof the different informationdepending on thelocation;
- calculationofindicatorsprocessingthe original informationandsavingin the database;
- Elements classification: structures, worksaccording to theirtype, distance from the river, municipality in whichthey are located, update status ofcadastraldata, public / private, etc.. combininglocalization withotherInformation;
A series of procedures categorized by combining Model Builder with geo-processing tools have been used repeatedly to analyze the different municipalities affected by river areas.
This project was mainly tested the functional and airworthiness of the product, given the complexity and number of the map information and descriptive published. As regards the general aspects have been tested:
- response times in the presentation of maps;
- the readability of the data;
- the draft publication that had to be simple and effective;
- the interaction between the maps and other information.
The project manages data on many related spatial information:
- Land use;
- Industrial discharge;
- River areas;
- Remote sensing images;
From the environmental point of view, the substance introduction chain is managed with the discharge point into rivers and by link between industries and cadastral data accompanied by information on the substance derived from the production processes.
In the preparation of the information we carried out activities to generalize the information coming from different sources and from different sectors, this data had different scales and different information detail. As a first step is defined as basic cartography the Regional technique numerical map ( 1:10.000) and all the more detailed information were generalized with activities that lead to classes reduction, combinations of elements (such as volumetric units present in the data base topographic have been aggregated into bodies of buildings) and simplification of the geometry. Among the various objectives of management the project provides statistical analysis organized for municipality and river area:
- Change in land cover data provided by cadastral data product at an earlier date than the land cover map produced in 2009;
- Number of buildings for municipality not found in cadastral data cause lack of update;
- Number of properties that fall within the fluvial respect area to assess, depending on the type of land use, the tax revenue recoverable;
- Number of facilities that fall within the fluvial respect area to assess, depending on the type of structure, the tax revenue recoverable;
CustomerLOMBARDIA REGION - ERSAF
- Data Analysis
- WebGis Development
- Topographic Database
- Quality Control Procedure
Recently in Project
- System for the analysis of spatial data in river basin
- IPRO1- Design methodology for Albanian land cadaster Maps elaboration
- Land Cover Map (CORINE LC) GeoDatabase
- Production water cadastral geodatabase of rivers and bassin
- Forest maps & GeoDatabase
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – EDO (European Drought Observatory)
- Development of IT procedures to control cadastral data
- Quality Control of digital maps and cadastral data
- LPIS – System for identifying parcels of Agricultural land in Turkey
- Quality Information System Data and Training
- Consortium of bonifica data management and services
- Municipalities – Editing data on line
- Municipalities – Integration-WebGIS Registry Software Management
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – MARSOP3 – AGRI4CAST
- GIS for urban planning management
- Information System Development
- Production of Turistic maps and Guide
- Ser.P.I.Co. Project – Municipality online service
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – FOREST ACTION – EFFIS
- Production and upgrading of urban plan mosaicing
- Production of topographic geodatabase