Today’s level of IT technology allows cooperation between the various local authorities in charge of governing the territory, providing standard operating platforms, a high level of communicability and information sharing.
In particular, as regards the user, the municipal level can activate interoperability and application cooperation, with the non-secondary objective of optimizing the costs of installation and management of the Municipal Information System (SCI), also promoting processes and services. addressed to citizens.
This logic, dropped in the local reality, can achieve high quality results at low cost and, in particular, produce acceptable results avoiding the redundancy of data and the tools produced by individual local administrators.
The objective, pursued at the municipal level with the creation of the SIC, is to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of its institutional activities with a guarantee of transparency. This is possible thanks to the activation of a series of sector procedures that access common data, in which each sector is responsible for the production and updating phases, thus guaranteeing quality and validity for all municipal sectors.
his goal is achieved through the identification, design, implementation and management of:
- A broadband communications network infrastructure suitable to support local activities and relationships with local citizens and businesses and professionals
- A knowledge system based on technical and thematic maps, unique, reliable, certified, updated and accessible
- Operational tools for the dissemination and use of information, as well as information flows between the SIC and various municipal offices
- Models and procedures for requesting access to data and their use for activities in the sector, defined to meet municipal needs, in compliance with IT standards
- Operational and training support, for local administrations, aimed at allowing the technical staff the basis for a correct use of the tools and services offered
- SIC objectives, dedicated to territorial management integrated with administrative procedures, with the aim of giving the various departments of the local government of last generation effective tools to support their specific activities. All this in a logic of information sharing and active cooperation between different offices.
The activities necessary for the establishment of SIC are manifold and involve multidisciplinary skills that must be organized with a unified vision with the following objectives:
- Technological innovation: introduction of IT products for the integrated management of processes
- Constitution and management of the territorial knowledge framework: to provide the set of data necessary for the various activities in each municipal sector
- Integration procedures: logical cooperation and data sharing, both managerial and geographical
- Security: To ensure correct access to the data set and to avoid unauthorized use of information that may compromise the integrity of the data
- Redesign of operational processes: use of technologies to reorganize municipal activities, optimizing management time and costs
- Staff re-qualification: organization of training courses at different levels, to work independently, in the best possible way
Below the software created by ARCADIA SIT for the Municipal application:
- GIS MAPS: Organization of the desktop and mapping of Web data
- CATASTO: Module of production and management of the land registry database integrated with the Geoportal web
- TOPONOMASTICS: Module for the management of municipal toponymy And building identification number
- URBAN PLAN: module for the management of the Municipal Urban Plan integrated with the Geoportal, together with the analysis and interrogation of urban rules
- CDU: module for the production of the CDU, (Building permit certificate), integrated with the Geoportal
- CIVIL PROTECTION: GET LINK module to manage civil protection plan and risk events management
- PRACTICAL BUILDING: Integration of external applications for the management of building practices
- CITY REGISTER: Management platform for the integration of the register of citizens
- TAXES: integration of the management platform for various taxes