ARCADIA SIT carried out several environmental projects mainly dealing with the production of cartography and data analysis, such as forest maps, forest inventories, maps of land use according to the EU standards Corine Land Cover, both in Italy and abroad.
In addition the components of ARCADIA SIT technical staff have participated in working groups for the development of applications in the environmental sector, implementing models for:
- Monitoring of environmental impacts resulting by urban expansion
- Simulation of the extension of agricultural areas with erosion of forested areas
- Consumption of forests in Central America and South East Asia
- Production of risk maps, in forestry, for the moth and the bark beetle
- Monitoring the state of the mountain environment
- Realization of PAI (Plan for the hydrogeological assessment)
- Basin plans for assessing vulnerabilities and risks idrogoelogica;
- Monitoring and evaluation of air pollution with the software development of a model designed by the University of Toulouse
- Etc ..
To these activities are added the environmental impact assessments included in the planning of both wide area and at municipal level.
In the various projects listed above ARCADIA SIT have been involved in the early stages of analysis, production and processing of data and development of software, allowing our engineers to develop a deep expertise in environmental issues addressed in several projects combined with the skills GIS