The Ser.PICo. project was designed for a consortium of 29 municipalities around Verona, and has multiple purposes, the first is to optimize the interaction between the various public organizations such as municipalities, the Veneto Region, the Province of Verona and Consortium of the river basin of the Adige, providing support on topographic, cartographic and thematic data.
The second purpose aims to provide citizens with tools for the education of urbanization practices, moreover, through this project, we try to implement the WEB-based GIS services for the processing, visualization, analysis and recovery of data in real time.
All project activities were carried out by trained personnel, as employees of properly trained public organizations, in order to guarantee a fair and effective use of the web-based system, and of the data produced.
The basis of the preparation of documents is the collection of a series of information related to:
- Topographic data base li>
- Land Registry
- Soil use (Corine Land Cover) li>
- Forestry map li>
- Digital Terrain Model (DTM) li>
- Regional development plans li>
- PentaView images (high resolution orthogonal and oblique shots)
After normalizing all the information listed above, we proceeded to update them, with photo-interpretation activities and field surveys.
The next step was to prepare the geodatabase, proceeding to connect the information organized in a relational way, on rules of the plan, information on the ownership of the land, practices for new constructions or modifications of existing practices.
- Collection and dissemination of information li>
- Interaction between different organizations li>
- Help desk management for products and services offered online li>
- Publication of maps in a webgis li>
- Publishing of operational services for online land management and construction practices li>
Regarding the “PentaView” images, (5 synchronized aerial photos), a specific environmental consultation was developed, integrated with the geoportal, which allows users to view the images and make planimetric and altimetric measurements of the elements such as buildings, roads, fences, structures, etc. the use of LIDAR data and the dynamic construction of listed plans.
The last phase of the project involved the design and development of software for the provision of vertical services. The services are made available through the customization of the geoportal interface and through an online connection, and allow:
- Access to related alphanumeric and spatial information to support: development of spatial plans, topographic mapping, PentaView images, database construction permits, etc. li>
- Consultation of PentaView images for dimensional inspection of new construction projects, avoiding costly field inspections li>
- Building practices instruction with the support of all the information organized in the system. li>
The database managed by the Ser.PICo project. includes detailed vector information for each of the 27 municipalities that are part of the BIM Adige Consortium. Among the main ones there are:
- Topographic database, scale 1: 2,000 (buildings, roads, level curves, point elevations, surface hydrography, wells of service networks, light poles, graphic signs) li>
- Urban development plans li>
- Land registry and property register li>
- Construction permits li>
- Map of the vegetation li>
- Map of the territory li>
- LIDAR elevation data li>
The system provides update and version control through incremental backups on a recovery server, to ensure a continuous service to the municipalities.
Furthermore, the Webs developed in the Ser.P.I.Co. project have tackled many innovative aspects of the use and integration of different technologies, through:
- Presentation and analysis of maps and related data li>
- Verticalizations integrated with map management li>
- Communication between the bodies involved li>
- Help and support for users li>
This aspect has been addressed in direct relation with the number of users, to meet the needs of all the customers of the system.
In the Ser.P.I.Co. project a series of spatial analyzes were carried out to define the potential use of areas for the construction of new buildings. The analysis took into account all the urban development plans, service networks such as roads, technological networks, spatial constraints (environmental, landscape, etc.). Combined with the construction index to determine the possible urban development of the municipality. The integration of original information with those produced by the spatial analysis is used to evaluate the new building permits. After each production phase, the tests included in the project plan were applied to verify the acquisition and modification of the cartographic level.
CustomerCONSORTIUM BIM ADIGE VERONA (28 Municipality)
- Topographic Database
- Application Development
- Quality Control Procedure
Recently in Project
- System for the analysis of spatial data in river basin
- IPRO1- Design methodology for Albanian land cadaster Maps elaboration
- Land Cover Map (CORINE LC) GeoDatabase
- Production of the cadastral geodatabase of waters and river basins
- Forest maps & GeoDatabase
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – EDO (European Drought Observatory)
- Development of IT procedures to control cadastral data
- Quality Control of digital maps and cadastral data
- LPIS – System for identifying parcels of Agricultural land in Turkey
- Quality Information System Data and Training
- Consortium of “bonifica” (reclamation), data management and services
- Municipalities – Editing data online
- Municipalities – Integration-WebGIS Registry Software Management
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – MARSOP3 – AGRI4CAST
- GIS for urban planning management
- Information System Development
- Production of Turistic maps and Guide
- Ser.P.I.Co. Project – Municipality online service
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – FOREST ACTION – EFFIS
- Production and upgrading of urban plan mosaicing
- Production of topographic geodatabase