The Ser.P.I.Co. project was conceived for a consortium of 29 municipalities located in the surroundings of Verona. Its main purpose is to optimize the interaction between the various public organizations such as municipalities, the Veneto Region, the Province of Verona and the Adige River Basin Consortium, providing support on topographic, cartographic and thematic data.
Another purpose is to provide citizens with tools for the education of urbanization practices. Through this project, we try to implement WEB-based GIS services for processing, displaying, analyzing and retrieving data in real time.
All project activities were carried out by trained personnel, such as adequately trained employees of public organizations, in order to ensure fair and effective use of the web-based system, and of the data produced.
The preparation of the documents is based on the collection of a series of information relating to:
- Topographic data base
- Land use (Corine Land Cover)
- Forestry Charter
- Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Regional development plans
- PentaView images (high resolution orthogonal and oblique images)
After the normalization of the information listed above, we proceeded to update them, with photointerpretation and field feedback activities.The next step was to prepare the geodatabase, connecting the information organized in a relational way, considering the rules of the plan, information on land ownership, new construction practices or changes to existing practices.
- Collection and dissemination of information
- Interaction between different organizations
- Help desk management for products and services offered online
- Publication of maps in a webgis (G4VIEW)
Publication of operational services for online land management and construction practices
As regards the “PentaView” images (5 synchronized aerial photos), a specific environmental consultancy has been developed, integrated with the geoportal, which allows users to view images and make planimetric and altimetric measurements of elements such as buildings, roads, fences. , structures, etc. the use of LIDAR data and the dynamic construction of quoted plans.
The last phase of the project involved the design and development of software for the provision of vertical services. The services are made available through the customization of the geoportal interface and through an online connection, and allow:
Access to related alphanumeric and spatial information to support the development of land use plans, topographic mapping, building permits, etc.
PentaView image consultation for dimensional inspection of new construction projects, avoiding costly field inspections
Education of construction practices with the support of all information organized in the system.
The database managed by the Ser.PICo project. includes detailed vector information for each of the 27 municipalities that are part of the BIM Adige Consortium. The main ones are:
- Topographic database, scale 1: 2,000: buildings, roads, contour lines, point elevations, surface hydrography, service network shafts, lampposts, graphic signs
- Urban development plans
- Land registry and property cadastre
- Building permits
- Vegetation map
- Map of the territory
- Elevation data (LIDAR)
The system provides update and version control via incremental backups to a recovery server, to ensure continuous service to municipalities.
Furthermore, the Web tools developed in the Ser.P.I.Co.project have addressed many innovative aspects on the use and integration of different technologies, through:
- Presentation and analysis of maps and related data
- Verticalizations integrated with map management
- Communication between the entities involved
- User assistance and support
In the Ser.P.I.Co. a series of spatial analyzes were carried out to define the potential use of areas for the construction of new buildings. The analysis took into account the set of urban development plans, service networks such as roads, technological networks, spatial constraints (environmental, landscape, etc.), combined with the construction index to determine the possible urban development of the common. The integration of the original information with that produced by the spatial analysis is used for the evaluation of the new building permits.
After each production phase, the tests provided for in the project plan were applied to verify the acquisition and modification of the cartographic level.
CustomerCONSORTIUM BIM ADIGE VERONA (28 Municipalities)
Recently in Project
- System for the analysis of spatial data in river basin
- IPRO1- Design methodology for Albanian land cadaster Maps elaboration
- Land Cover Map (CORINE LC) GeoDatabase
- Production of the cadastral geodatabase of waters and river basins
- Forest maps & GeoDatabase
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – EDO (European Drought Observatory)
- Development of IT procedures to control cadastral data
- Quality Control of digital maps and cadastral data
- LPIS – System for identifying parcels of Agricultural land in Turkey
- Quality Information System Data and Training
- Consortium of “bonifica” (reclamation) – data management and services with WebGIS G4VIEW
- Municipalities – Integration-WebGIS Registry Software Management
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – MARSOP3 – AGRI4CAST
- GIS for urban planning management
- Information System Development
- Production of Turistic maps and Guide
- Ser.P.I.Co. Project – Municipality online service
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – FOREST ACTION – EFFIS
- Production and upgrading of urban plan mosaicing
- Production of topographic geodatabase
- ALFIS – Albanian National Forest System
- Geoportal for Tourism