ARCADIA has developed various projects and systems to increase the influx of tourists thanks to the dissemination of information regarding the attractions of the area by creating an IT platform for the collection, management and dissemination of data. In this way the tourist offer is promoted through the presentation of the values of the territory and the cultural heritage of the cities and through the networks, it is managed by tools to support tour operators.
An adequate management system of the tourist resource must necessarily:
- Promote the marketing of agricultural, food, artistic and typical products to increase employment and promote the economy in this basic sector
- Promote tourism by disseminating local events (fairs, markets, musical events, religious events, …)
- Promote tourist accommodation facilities (hotels, agritourisms, restaurants, inns, B & Bs, …)
- Support development in the tourism and agritourism sector: hospitality, activities, production of quality local food
It is necessary to perform the SWOT analysis of the territory to identify the main attractions, to plan the development strategy of the sector (objectives, projects, grant foundations) in the different areas, collect the data and set up a centralized database, in which they will be organize and manage information on historical and cultural heritage, natural beauty, traditions, accommodation, catering, cultural activities, fairs and festivals, sports activities, typical products, etc.
Furthermore, it is necessary to develop communication tools, based on a multi-device web platform, to support tourist visits and accessibility, choose thematic itineraries of interest to each individual tourist and develop communication tools that allow the content of the portal to be updated. diffusion.
The role of digital maps
The maps are the connecting element of all the information organized in the database and allow their geographical location but also the creation of relationships between them such as the estimation of distances and the organization of tours and routes. By their nature they are a basic support for various information and provide easy reference tools.
The creation of interactive digital maps accessible via the Internet from the multi-device geoportal (Gnext – WebGIS) (web, tablet, smartphone) is of fundamental importance in the tourism sector because they offer a simple and immediate form of consultation by tourists, without requiring any skills. technological.
Furthermore, starting from the map, it is possible to build thematic itineraries and consult all the information relating to the element of interest (descriptive card, photographs, videos, days and opening hours, products, …), depending on the type of element, this allows the tourist, who can access all information even from a smartphone, to organize their tour according to their interests.
The role of the communication system
The geoportal integrated with an efficient communication system allows you to manage the tourist resource in the best possible way, even if some elements are immutable over time (e.g. location of a museum) while others are changeable (e.g. fair) the relationships between information and elements on the map are much more complex, in fact information such as opening hours or the presence of temporary exhibitions mean that the elements on the map can vary both position and related information.
An advanced management system such as the one implemented in Gnext allows the connection and development of different modules for the collection, modification and dissemination of information. The communication between tour operators, management bodies and tourists allows for the creation of a dynamic tourist offer, capable of resisting unexpected variations (e.g. adverse weather events) by offering alternatives to tourists, or by lightening the tourist burden in large areas. influx by proposing alternative itineraries to avoid overcrowding in order to offer a pleasant “customer experience” and making tourism sustainable for the environment and the local population.
Recently in Project
- System for the analysis of spatial data in river basin
- IPRO1- Design methodology for Albanian land cadaster Maps elaboration
- Land Cover Map (CORINE LC) GeoDatabase
- Production of the cadastral geodatabase of waters and river basins
- Forest maps & GeoDatabase
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – EDO (European Drought Observatory)
- Development of IT procedures to control cadastral data
- Quality Control of digital maps and cadastral data
- LPIS – System for identifying parcels of Agricultural land in Turkey
- Quality Information System Data and Training
- Consortium of “bonifica” (reclamation) – data management and services with WebGIS G4VIEW
- Municipalities – Integration-WebGIS Registry Software Management
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – MARSOP3 – AGRI4CAST
- GIS for urban planning management
- Information System Development
- Production of Turistic maps and Guide
- Ser.P.I.Co. Project – Municipality online service
- FRAMEWORK CONTRACT DESIS – FOREST ACTION – EFFIS
- Production and upgrading of urban plan mosaicing
- Production of topographic geodatabase
- ALFIS – Albanian National Forest System
- Geoportal for Tourism